I. NATURE OF PSBANK ONLINE
- PSBank Online is a facility granted by the PHILIPPINE SAVINGS BANK (herein referred to as the “Bank”) to its depositor or borrower (herein referred to as “Client”), for as long as he/she is qualified under the terms and conditions imposed by the Bank.
- ‘Account’ shall refer to the Savings / Current, Loan, Debit or any other type of account, which Client maintains with PSBank and has enrolled in the PSBank Online facility. ‘User Account’ shall refer to the account created by the Client and registered at PSBank Online in order to access PSBank Online, subject to its activation by the Client, the existence of active Account/s and the terms and conditions herein.
- PSBank Online shall be made available to Client 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, some or all of the services may not be available at certain times due to maintenance, computer, telecommunication, electrical, or network failure and/or any other reasons beyond the Bank’s control.
II. PROPRIETARY INTEREST
- PSBank is the sole owner of all the information and material (including any enhancements or modifications) used in, or derived from PSBank Online including the website.
- All logos in PSBank Online are either trademarks or registered trademarks of PSBank or its licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the Bank’s written consent. Further, these logos may not be altered, modified or changed in any way, or used in a manner that is disparaging to the Bank or displayed in any manner that implies the Bank’s sponsorship or endorsement.
III. DUTIES OF THE BANK
- Internet Banking Products and Services. The list of Internet Banking products and services, as well as the applicable fees and charges for such products and services shall be posted in a conspicuous place within Bank premises or on the PSBank Online website.
To help Client choose a suitable product or service, the Bank shall post information related to internet banking products or services on the PSBank Online website, or in a conspicuous place within Bank premises.
- Information. The Bank shall safeguard Client’s personal and account information, and use any other information communicated to it within the bounds of applicable Philippine laws, and of other rules and regulations that may be issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and the Bankers’ Association of the Philippines.
- Privacy and Security. The Privacy and Security Policy, which contains the norms, infrastructure, standards, and procedures by which the Bank shall continually safeguard customer information and ensure its confidentiality, shall be made available to Client through the Bank’s website.
- Communication. The Bank shall course all PSBank Online correspondence, including announcements regarding services and facilities, changes in the PSBank Online Terms and Conditions, or changes in the Privacy and Security Policies, through Client’s registered email address or through the Bank’s website, or by posting the same in a conspicuous place within Bank premises.
IV. DUTIES OF THE CLIENT
- Access. Client shall have sole access to his/her account(s) through PSBank Online and shall exert reasonable efforts to ensure that PSBank Online is secured and cannot be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Client shall keep his/her Username and Password confidential, shall not disclose said Username and Password to anyone, and shall take the necessary steps to prevent the discovery of said Username and Password by unauthorized persons. Client shall be required to change his/her initial Password upon initial log-on.
- Information. Client shall hold in strictest confidence any information of any nature that is made available, disclosed and obtained from the PSBank Online. Information obtained shall be used for the purpose intended and not for any other purpose.
Client shall notify the Bank immediately upon receipt, of any data or information not intended for him/her, and shall delete such data or information from his/her terminal immediately. Client shall ensure the strict confidentiality of such information.
The provision of this clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement. Disclosure of any confidential information entitles the BANK to claim for damages.
- Proprietary Interest. Client shall use PSBank Online only for its intended purpose. Client shall not disassemble, decompile, copy, modify or reverse-engineer the PSBank Online software, nor allow anyone else to do so.
- Communication. Client shall provide the Bank with his/her correct and operational e-mail address. Client shall promptly notify the Bank of any change in his/her e-mail address, contact numbers, home or business address or any other information, which may affect delivery of communication.
- Transactions. Client shall be responsible for verifying if his/her PSBank Online transactions, including future-dated transactions, have been processed.
V. CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
Client shall promptly notify the Bank, in writing or via e-mail, through his/her Branch of Account or through the Customer Service Department, of any irregularities, discrepancies, omissions, inaccuracies or incorrect entries pertaining to internet banking-related transactions.
For any issues or concerns with PSBank Online, Client is advised to contact the nearest Branch, email us at [email protected] or call the Bank’s 24/7 Customer Service at (632) 8845-8888.
The Bank’s Customer Service Division shall be responsible for handling Client’s comments, queries and suggestions, and providing regular status updates through the Client’s registered email address.
Customer concerns, as well as reports received from Client pertaining to unauthorized or questionable transactions, shall be subject to evaluation and investigation by the Bank. Appropriate action shall be undertaken based on the results of the Bank’s investigation. Client may follow-up concerns or give feedback via [email protected] or call the Bank’s 24/7 Customer Service at (632) 8845-8888.
VI. LIMIT ON LIABILITY
- The Bank shall reserve the right to determine the scope of PSBank Online, set or change the daily cut-off time, modify, restrict, withdraw, cancel, disconnect, deactivate, suspend or discontinue any or all services without prior notice.
- The Bank shall not be held liable for any damage that may be caused by the contents available on PSBank Online or the set-up of other web sites linked to the site. The access to, and use of the website and other web sites is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
- Client understands that upon leaving the PSBank website, he/she shall no longer be protected by the privacy policies and security features inherent in the PSBank Online website.
- The Bank shall not be liable for the inability of Client to use PSBank Online or to access the website, or for any unauthorized actions or transactions using their Username and Password, or for any other cause beyond control, such as but not limited to problems with the computer hardware or software (including viruses and bugs) or related/incidental problems, that may be attributed to the services provided by any service provider or information service provider.
- The Bank shall not be liable for any undelivered e-mail communication or any cost that Client may incur for maintaining an internet access and an e-mail account.
- The Bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage in connection with any unauthorized interception or use of data relating to Client or to Client’s account(s), including the missending thereof.
- Client hereby authorizes the Bank to act upon any instructions, which are identified by the use of Client’s Username and Password. The Bank is responsible for acting only on those instructions sent through PSBank Online that were actually received by the Bank. Client also agrees that the Bank does not assume any responsibility for malfunctions in communications facilities not under its control that may affect the timeliness or accuracy of the instructions sent.
- Upon receipt of Client’s instruction(s), the Bank may implement them at its absolute discretion. The Bank shall treat and consider as valid and binding any instruction given or agreement made by any person using Client’s Username and Password, including without limitation, any transfer to a third party account maintained with the Bank.
- The Bank is allowed but not obliged to verify any instruction given through the use of Client’s Username and Password by sending e-mail online or by telephone or any other means.
- The Bank is not obliged to investigate the authenticity or authority of the persons sending the instructions nor verify the accuracy and completeness of said instructions. Such instructions shall be deemed correct, complete, irrevocable and binding upon Client. Client hereby accepts full responsibility for all transactions executed via PSBank Online and in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of said instructions.
- The Bank may at its sole discretion, without notice and without stating the reason therefore, cancel or refuse to execute any of Client’s instructions at any time without incurring any liability.
- Client shall be solely liable for any losses or damages that he may incur:
- for any discrepancies, omissions, inaccuracies or incorrect entries in the statement that is not immediately reported;
- if Client acted fraudulently or negligently, including failing to properly safeguard his/her Username and Password;
- if Client failed to immediately report any unauthorized transaction(s) made;
- if for some reason and through no fault of the Bank, bills remain unpaid and the biller discontinues/cancels the account or coverage;
- If Client’s instruction is not implemented and not reported promptly.
In case of a dispute on any transaction completed via PSBank Online, either contact your nearest Branch, email us at [email protected] or call the Bank’s 24/7 Customer Service at (632) 8845-8888 for assistance with the following information:
- your name, Customer I.D. and relevant account number(s);
- the amount of the disputed transaction;
- what sort of transaction it was eg. bills payment, transferring money, credit card payment etc.;
- the transaction number(s), if these are available;
- the date and approximate time (if known) on which the disputed transaction occurred.
Bank will investigate the matter and update you of the status within 48 hours after receipt of your concern.
13. For loan applications submitted online:
- Client certifies that all information in the application form and all supporting documents are true and correct.
- Client authorizes PSBank to verify all such information and obtain additional information about himself/herself, including previous credit transactions with other institutions.
- Client expressly waives any and all statutory provisions governing confidentiality of such information if applicable.
- Client fully understands that any misrepresentation or failure to disclose information on his/her part as required in the loan application may cause the disapproval of the application and discontinuance of access to PSBank Online.
- Client agrees that the application remains PSBank’s property and the same may be used at its discretion whether the credit is granted or not.
- Upon acceptance of the application, Client legally and validly binds himself/herself to the applicable Terms and Conditions of the loan, including but not limited to joint and several liability for all charges, fees and other obligations incurred thru the availment of the loan.
- Client authorizes the Bank to report and/or include his/her name and other pertinent information about his/her loan history in any credit bureau or institution.
- Client expressly authorizes the Bank to send updates about his/her loan via SMS/text, email, mail or other means of communication.
- The Bank may amend / supplement the PSBank Online Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions pertaining to PSBank Online shall be communicated to Client via his/her registered e-mail address or through the PSBank Online website, or by posting the same in a conspicuous place within Bank premises. The Client agrees to review the PSBank Online Terms and Conditions periodically and Client’s continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed as the latter’s conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
VIII. DEACTIVATION OR TERMINATION
- The Bank reserves the right to deactivate Client’s account from PSBank Online without prior notice, due to mishandling of accounts as defined by standard operating procedures, or, if in the Bank’s judgment, Client’s continued access to PSBank Online may adversely affect the credibility / security of the system. While such deactivation may be temporary, the Bank reserves the right to permanently delist Client from PSBank Online.
- The Bank reserves the right to permanently deactivate Client’s Account from PSBank Online without prior notice in case of the Client’s failure to activate it for a period of three (3) years from registration, or from the Client’s failure to maintain any active account with the Bank. In permanently deactivating the Client’s Account from PSBank Online, the Bank shall have the right not to include the same in the Bank’s system or pool of registered online accounts.
- The Bank may terminate this agreement once the account becomes closed, dormant, garnished, escheated, or for whatever reason, without the need of prior notice to Client.
IX. GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement shall be governed by the pertinent laws of the Republic of the Philippines as well as all applicable rules and regulations of the BangkoSentral ng Pilipinas. Should judicial action be necessary to enforce this Agreement, venue shall be in Makati, Philippines or in such place where the Bank maintains a branch, at the Bank’s option. In case of suit or where collection is referred to a collection agent, Client agrees to pay attorney’s fees equal to of the total demand but in no case less than PhP5,000 and liquidated damages equal to of total claim aside from actual costs of collection.
X. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND SHARING OF DATA
- Client hereby accepts and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions governing PSBank Online, its nature, functionalities, operating features and to pay any applicable fees associated with the use of the same.
- Client understands that subsequent enrollment of accounts to PSBank Online shall be covered by the same Terms and Conditions.
- Client likewise agrees to be bound by any and all laws, rules, regulations and official issuances applicable to PSBank Online now existing or which may hereinafter be issued, as well as such other terms and conditions governing the use of other facilities, benefits, or services which were made available to Client in connection with PSBank Online, including the full provisions in the Privacy and Security document available in the website, the salient features of which are incorporated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Client likewise expressly waives his/her rights to confidentiality and privacy of the Information and such other rights as may be provided under Republic Act (RA) No. 1405 (Law on the Secrecy of Bank Deposits). RA No.6426 (The Foreign Currency Deposit Act), RA No. 8971 (General Banking Law of 2000), RA No. 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012), all other applicable laws, which may be in conflict with the Bank in carrying out the said authorities.
All the required notices and correspondences, including but not limited to demand letters, summons, subpoenas or notifications for any judicial or extra-judicial action, relative to any account of the Depositor, shall be sent to the Depositor in the last known address indicated in the Bank’s records. The mere act of sending any correspondence, by mail or by messenger or by email, or by other electronic means, to said last known address shall be valid and effective notice to Depositor for all legal purposes and the fact that any communication is not actually received by the Depositor or returned unclaimed to the Bank or that no person was found at the address given or the address cannot be located, shall not relieve the Depositor from the effects of such notice.
XII. CONFIRMATION OF ACCOUNTS
Per Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Circular 871, the Bank has the obligation to confirm by direct verification, at least once a year, the Client’s deposit and loan account balances, and other outstanding balances of borrowings, liabilities, receivables and payables. In order for the Bank to comply with its obligation, the Client hereby agrees to receive via mail or email or other electronic means, at the Bank’s option, any confirmation letter that the Bank shall issue pursuant to the said BSP Circular or any amendments thereto, without need of prior confirmation or instruction from Client.